Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Watt do you know?



Cautious, careful people, always casting about to preserve their reputations... can never effect a reform.
Susan B. Anthony

Failure is impossible.
Susan B. Anthony

I always distrust people who know so much about what God wants them to do to their fellows.
Susan B. Anthony

I beg you to speak of Woman as you do of the Negro, speak of her as a human being, as a citizen of the United States, as a half of the people in whose hands lies the destiny of this Nation.
Susan B. Anthony

I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand.
Susan B. Anthony

I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires.
Susan B. Anthony

I do not consider divorce an evil by any means. It is just as much a refuge for women married to brutal men as Canada was to the slaves of brutal masters.
Susan B. Anthony

I don't want to die as long as I can work; the minute I can not, I want to go.
Susan B. Anthony

I have encountered riotous mobs and have been hung in effigy, but my motto is: Men's rights are nothing more. Women's rights are nothing less.
Susan B. Anthony

I shall earnestly and persistently continue to urge all women to the practical recognition of the old Revolutionary maxim. Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God.
Susan B. Anthony

I think the girl who is able to earn her own living and pay her own way should be as happy as anybody on earth. The sense of independence and security is very sweet.
Susan B. Anthony

If all the rich and all of the church people should send their children to the public schools they would feel bound to concentrate their money on improving these schools until they met the highest ideals.
Susan B. Anthony

Independence is happiness.
Susan B. Anthony

No comments: